I bet you didn’t know these fashion fun facts.
16 Fashion Fun Facts
- The most common clothing materials are cotton, linen and rayon.
- It was acceptable for women to wear shorts during World War 2.
- The bikini was named after the Island Bikini. A toll where the United States military tested its bombs in World War 2.
- The price of clothing decreased in value by 8.5% since 1992.
- The word ‘jean’ comes from the cotton pants worn by ‘genes’.
- Black was once taboo to be worn other than when mourning.
- Eyeliner became popular after its discovery in King Tut’s tomb in 1920.
- The skirt is the second oldest piece of clothing out dated by the loincloth.
- More than 2 billion t-shirts are sold a year.
- The pencil and A line skirts were created by Christian Dior
- In Rome, purple was symbolic to royalty, thus only the emperors and magistrates were allowed to wear it.
- Buttons on the sleeves were first introduced as a way to prevent soldiers from wiping their noses with their sleeves. Napoleon Bonaparte created the concept.
- Ked is the oldest sneaker company founded in 1916.
- Chanel No. 5 started the modern era of perfume and was created by Ernest Beaux.
- The first pair of Doc Martens were made out of old tires.
- Jewelry was initially worn by men to show off their social status.