I am a huge, huge fan of Mr. McQueen’s work. Oh my gosh, I cannot express just how much I love Alexander McQueen’s ability to be so creative and imaginative. This is the guy who makes what we call wtf fashion. Short for wtf is that??? You guys know exactly what sort of fashion I am talking about. You don’t even need to be a fashion freak to know what wtf fashion is. You ever watch a fashion show, or see an image of a model who is wearing clothing that makes you wonder where anyone would wear that to?? Yes!
Alexander McQueen is that guy who makes the clothing. How neat is that?
Unfortunately, Alexander McQueen committed suicide February 1, 2010.
Check out his unique quotes below!!!
25 Unique Fashion Quotes From Alexander McQueen
1. “In a new era of fashion, there are no rules. It’s all about the individual and personal style, wearing high end, low end, classic labels and up and coming designers all together.” -Alexander McQueen
2. “There is something sinister; something quite biographical about what I do- but that part is for me. It’s my personal business. I think there is a lot of romance, melancholy. I think there’s a sadness to it, but there’s romance in sadness. I suppose I am a very melancholy person.” -Alexander McQueen
3. “I’ve had good times. I’ve had bad times.” -Alexander McQueen
4. “I want to empower women.” -Alexander McQueen
5. “I work with people I admire and respect. It’s never because of who they are.” -Alexander McQueen
6. “Really. What I am aiming for is world domination.” -Alexander McQueen
7. “The turnover of fashion is just so quick and so throwaway, and I think that is a big part of the problem. There is no longevity.” -Alexander McQueen
8. “British fashion is self confident and fearless. It refuses to bow to commerce, thus generating a constant flow of new ideas whilst drawing British heritage.” -Alexander McQueen
9. “It’s usually only the intellectual ones who understand what’s going on in what I do.” -Alexander McQueen
10. “Some couture collections have everything including the kitchen sink! Everything gets thrown on to make it look expensive. I find it grotesque when clothes hit you in the face and there’s no room for fault. But I don’t expect to turn things around all by myself. I’m not a saint.” -Alexander McQueen
11. “I’m mad in the front of my mind, but business- minded in the back.” -Alexander McQueen
12. “I think I should be a president. President of the United States.” -Alexander McQueen
13. “There has to be a balance between your mental satisfaction and the financial needs of your company.” -Alexander McQueen
14. “I come from a different era and I design clothes for our era. I think of people I want to dress when I design.”
15. “I am married to work.” -Alexander McQueen
16. “When you see a woman in my clothes, you want to know more about them. To me, that is what distinguishes good designers from bad designers.” -Alexander McQueen
17. “For a long time I was looking for my perfect equilibrium, my mojo. And now I think I’m getting there: I’ve found my customers, my silhoutte, my cut.” -Alexander McQueen
18. “As a designer, you’ve always got to push yourself forward; you’ve always got to keep up with the trends or make your own trends. That’s what I do.” -Alexander McQueen
19. “I think the idea of mixing luxury and mass-market fashion is very modern, very now- no one wears head-to-toe designers anymore.” -Alexander McQueen
20. “I never look at other people’s work. My mind has to be completely focused on my own illusions.” -Alexander McQueen
21. “I want to empower women. I want people to be afraid of the women I dress.” -Alexander McQueen
22. “I want people to be afraid of the women I dress.” -Alexander McQueen
23. “I can’t get sucked into that celebrity thing, because I think it’s just crass.” -Alexander McQueen
24. “Style should be a form of escapism and not a form of imprisonment.” -Alexander McQueen
25. “Of course I make mistakes. I’m human. If I didn’t make mistakes. I’d never learn. You can only go forward by making mistakes.” -Alexander McQueen