For The Manifestation Of A Miracle Click Here!
Buddhism is one of the older spiritual practices with over 300 million followers today. Buddhism is a spiritual practice that helps followers to gain insight as to who they are and helps each follower to follow the Buddhist path to enlightenment and success. We are confident with our belief that enlightenment and self progression are the tools needed to be as successful as you can possibly be.
76 Uplifting Buddha Quotes
1. To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.
2. Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.
3. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
4. If a man who enjoys a lesser happiness beholds a greater one, let him leave aside the lesser to gain the greater.
5. His success may be great, but be it ever so great the wheel of fortune may turn again and bring him down into the dust.
6. No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
7. I reached in experience the nirvana which is unborn, unrivaled, secure from attachment, undecaying and unstained. This condition is indeed reached by me which is deep, difficult to see, difficult to understand, tranquil, excellent, beyond the reach of mere logic, subtle, and to be realized only by the wise.
8. The Road to success is paved with failures.
9. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
10. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
11. It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
12. There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.
13. In the end these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go.
14. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
15. There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
16. What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow. Our life is the creation of our mind.
17. Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
18. He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
19. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
20. In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
21. You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
22. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
23. You only lose what you cling to.
24. We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
25. It is better to travel well than to arrive.
26. All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
27. Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.
28. Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
29. When you dig a well, there’s no sign of water until you reach it, only rocks and dirt to move out of the way. You have removed enough; soon the pure water will flow.
30. There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.
31. Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
32. Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.
33. The mind is the source of happiness and unhappiness.
34. As the fletcher whittles and makes straight his arrows, so the master directs his straying thoughts.
35. The mind is everything. What you think you become.
36. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
37. The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into habit. And the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care. And let it spring from love, born out of concern for all beings.
38. Carpenters bend wood fletchers bend arrows; wise men fashion themselves.
39. Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
40. Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.
For The Manifestation Of A Miracle Click Here!
41. Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.
42. Look within, thou art the Buddha.
43. Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be kind, conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings — that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide.
44. A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden.
45. Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
46.You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger.
47. There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path.
48. All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
49. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
50. Pain is certain, suffering is optional.
51. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
52. Long is the night to him who is awake; long is a mile to him who is tired; long is life to the foolish who do not know the true law.
53. A jug fills drop by drop.
54. Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
55. To understand everything is to forgive everything.
56. An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
57. When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.
58. Patience is key. Remember: A jug fills drop by drop.
59. Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
60. Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
61. A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.
62. Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
63. Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
64. Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
65. In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them to be true.
67. Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
68. The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.
70. To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
71. If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
72. The darkest night is ignorance.
73. The tongue like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.
74. I never see what has been done, I only see what remains to be done.
75. Happiness will never come to those who fail to appreciate what they already have.
76. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
For The Manifestation Of A Miracle Click Here!